There’s no shortage of reasons to let your pup try some delicious, homemade CBD treats, so long as you make sure they’re baked with premium quality, organic CBD products. CBD is non-psychoactive and has been making waves all over the place.
Research has shown a lot of promise for cannabidiol, not just for humans, but for our pets, too. If you’re considering trying CBD for your pup, check out our CBD dog treats recipes.
When making CBD dog treats from our recipes, keep in mind that you’ll want to start with the lowest dose possible and gradually work more CBD oil into the treats as needed. The dosage will depend on the size of your dog. Keep in mind how concentration will vary depending on the CBD product. Dosage will also be influenced by the ailment you’re hoping to relieve. Always consult your veterinarian prior to starting your dog on any new food or supplements.
CBD Dog Treats Recipe #1: This nutty, savory goodness is just what your pup ordered! Quick and easy, this recipe will be ready to be enjoyed by your canine in one hour.
What You’ll Need:
- CBD Oil (Talk to your vet and do your research to figure out the best amount for your pup. It’s better to err on the side of less, and a high-quality, trusted brand makes a huge difference.)
- 3 ¼ C. Steel Oats
- 1 C. Pumpkin Puree
- ½ C. Peanut Butter (Make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (Melted for easier mixing)
- 1 C. Chicken or Beef Broth
- Preheat the oven to 325℉ | 160℃
- Whisk together the oats, pumpkin, nut butter, coconut oil, and broth in a large bowl. Increase the amount of oats if the consistency is too wet.
- Take small spoonfuls of the batter and place them onto a baking sheet. Depending on how soft or crispy your pup prefers his treats, bake these treats for 20-60 minutes.
- Store these treats in the fridge for up to two weeks, or freeze them for up to three months.
CBD Dog Treats Recipe #2: An even quicker treat for your canine pal, check out these delicious, no-bake CBD dog treats and watch as your dog drifts into ultimate relaxation mode.
What You’ll Need:
- CBD Oil (Talk to your vet and do your research to figure out the best amount for your pup. As we mentioned above, it’s better to use less to start with)
- 1 Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 tbsp Honey or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 C. Steel Oats
- 3 tsp Turmeric
- ½ C. Nut Butter
- Combine all of the ingredients together except for the CBD oil and the oats.
- Add the proper amount of oats to ensure a consistency on par with cookie dough.
- Make approximately 14 balls from the mixture.
- Finally, add a drop or two (*discuss with your vet) to each one of the treats.
- Keep the balls in the fridge and have your pup enjoy once they’ve been refrigerated and firmed up after about twenty minutes.
There are plenty of ways to incorporate the wonderful benefits of CBD oil into your dog’s daily life. Treat your furry friend to a healthy dose of rest and relaxation this season, with Kratora’s CBD for pets.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.
Want to learn more about kratom quality and value? Start here:
Why Buying Cheap Kratom Can Be Dangerous