A native plant to southeast Asia, kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa) can be found growing wildly across Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Borneo. It has been harvested for centuries for it’s its, mood elevation, calming and stimulating properties. Kratom is still a natural solution many seek out today, as a component in their holistic health toolbox.
The Background of Kratom
Kratom has been used for thousands of years by local villagers for therapeutic reasons, but it didn’t gain attention outside of southeast Asia until the early 1880s when it was discovered and documented by botanist, Pieter Willem Korthals. Traditionally, kratom has been used by Thai peasants, laborers, and farmers. It’s illegal in two of its native regions, Thailand and Malaysia. There are many kratom users worldwide who voice strong opinions over ending the criminalization of kratom, and ending the corrupt political ties to its illegalization that favored the booming opium trade of the past century. Today, Kratom is legal in most U.S. states.
The Kratom Plant and Its Varieties
Kratom, a part of the Rubiaceae coffee tree family, comes in four primary species that originate in different regions in southeast Asia, and provide varying effects:
- Bali—Gives a more relaxing effect at higher doses, and can be stimulating when taken in low doses.
- Thai—The longest lasting and strongest of the varieties. It’s said to be calming.
- Malaysia—Almost identical to Balinese kratom. You may hear the term “ketum” used to describe kratom from Malaysia.
- Maeng Da—Maeng Da kratom translates to “pimp grade” kratom and originates from Thailand. It’s the strongest kratom strain available and is used for its energizing effects.
Kratom strains are further categorized by “vein:”
- Red Vein—Longer lasting, and more relaxing and less stimulating than other strains
- Green Vein—Energizing and uplifting
- White Vein—Energizing and euphoric
Maeng Da KratomFrom $19.99 Select optionsQuick View
Premium Commercial Bali KratomFrom $12.99 Select optionsQuick View
White Vein Borneo Kratom
From $11.99Select optionsQuick View
Thai Red Vein KratomFrom $14.99 Select optionsQuick View
Green Malay Kratom
From $12.99Select optionsQuick View
Choosing the Best Kratom from a Quality Supplier
The key to choosing the best kratom supplier is finding a quality source that chooses their kratom from the finest sources grown organically in its native region. Look for a supplier that carries multiple strains to offer you all of the mood-boosting, energizing, and calming effects you need to feel your best.
*Disclaimer: All products on the website are not for human consumption, and are for aromatherapy and research purposes only.
Want to learn more about kratom quality and value? Start here:
Why Buying Cheap Kratom Can Be Dangerous