Kratom is frequently used in aromatherapy or incense due to its energizing and euphoric effects. Rather than buying a pre-made incense product, it’s so easy to make one at home. Plus, you can customize the incense by using your favorite scents!
In order to make kratom incense, you will need:
1-2 tablespoons of your preferred herbs to combine with kratom. Lemongrass, lavender, cedar or sandalwood work very well.
Notebook and paper to keep track of what you are using so you can replicate your recipes in the future if you want
Mortar and pestle to grind your scents
Makko, which is what will make the incense burn
Distilled water, warmed
Uncoated bamboo sticks
Making incense is very simple, but the process does take a few days, so make sure to plan ahead.
- Mix and grind your herbs together with the kratom using your mortar and pestle.
- Let them sit together for a few hours to thoroughly combine.
- Add the Makko. Start with 10-25% for herbs and spices, or 40-80% when using resins. Start on the lower end and add a little bit at a time.
- Put aside a little of the mixture in case you add too much water and need to thicken it a bit.
- Slowly add the warmed distilled water until it reaches the consistency of play-doh. It should be moldable, but still able to keep its shape. Add back a little of the withheld mixture if you need it.
- Knead the dough for several minutes to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Take a 1-2 inch chunk of the dough and roll it out until it is around ¾ the length of the bamboo sticks. Wrap the dough around the bamboo sticks and place on a piece of wax paper.
- Rotate them a few times a day so that the water can evaporate and the sticks can dry. Give it a good 4-5 days, until they can stand up and are bendable.
Maeng Da Kratom PowderFrom $19.99 Select optionsQuick View
Premium Commercial Bali Kratom PowderFrom $12.99 Select optionsQuick View
White Vein Borneo KratomFrom $11.99 Select optionsQuick View
Thai Red Vein KratomFrom $14.99 Select optionsQuick View
Green Malay Kratom PowderFrom $12.99 Select optionsQuick View
Want to learn more about kratom quality and value? Start here:
Why Buying Cheap Kratom Can Be Dangerous