There are a lot of kratom varieties out there, but Thai kratom is in a class by itself. In terms of Thai kratom’s effects, quality, and potency, you can count on an experience that’s a cut above your average kratom powder. So what makes it unique?
What Is Thai Kratom?
Thai kratom comes from Mitragyna speciosa tree. Like all kratom varieties, it’s cultivated through a process of hand-picking the kratom leaves, drying them, and then processing them into a powder, capsule, or other delivery system. Like most kratom strains, Thai kratom is named for its location of origin. It grows natively in Thailand’s lush evergreen rainforests.
For over 70 years, kratom cultivation was banned in Thailand. Thai kratom strains had to be grown in other Southeast Asian locales, most commonly Indonesia. To this day, Indonesia remains the No. 1 exporter of Thai kratom. As long as Thai kratom genetics are used, Thai kratom grown in Indonesia is indistinguishable from Thai kratom grown in Thailand.
In 2021, Thailand passed an updated version of their Narcotics Act, which removed kratom from the country’s list of controlled substances. And in 2022, the Kratom Plant Act B.E. 2565 was passed, thus establishing a framework for regulated kratom manufacturing and sale. However, because there are still significant roadblocks in place for Thai growers (e.g. all kratom export licenses require the approval of the secretary-general of Thailand’s Narcotics Control Board), it’s likely that Indonesia will remain the dominant Thai kratom exporter for the foreseeable future.
Thai Kratom Effects
Thai kratom’s effects will vary depending upon the maturity level of the leaves at the time of harvest. Immature leaves have white veins and are the source of white-vein Thai kratom. Semi-mature leaves have green veins and are the source of green-vein Thai kratom. Mature leaves have reddish veins and produce red-vein Thai kratom effects.
- White Thai Kratom: Users have reported that White Thai kratom is one of the most stimulating kratom strains available (second only perhaps to White Maeng Da, which is widely regarded as the ultimate energy strain). It’s a potent strain that promotes sky-high energy as well as heightened focus.
- Green Thai Kratom: Like most green-vein kratom strains, Green Thai is known for producing balanced effects that are somewhat energizing and somewhat relaxing. When it comes to Green Thai kratom effects, the energy boost is stronger than most green strains—as is the mental relaxation. Though it’s not as energizing as white-vein kratom, it’s still an excellent productivity strain because it promotes above-average energy levels while helping to calm the racing mind and quell daily worries.
- Red Thai Kratom: Red-vein Thai kratom effects are all about relaxation. Some users have reported that Red Thai is less effective than other red strains for addressing discomfort but more effective for promoting relaxation and supporting sleep. So Red Thai is a fantastic end-of-day strain for anyone who is just looking to unwind.
Thai Kratom vs Maeng Da Kratom
We need to clear up a common misconception regarding Maeng Da and Thai kratom effects. Thai kratom and Maeng Da kratom both trace their origins to Thailand, and so the two strains are sometimes confused for one another. But while Maeng Da is a Thai kratom strain, it is not the same as Thai kratom. Thai kratom is a naturally occurring strain that’s native to Thailand, whereas Maeng Da is a specially cultivated hybrid strain that emerged through generations of careful grafting (crossbreeding).
Here are some key differences to consider when comparing Maeng Da and Thai kratom effects:
- White Maeng Da kratom is more energizing than White Thai kratom and is therefore preferred among experienced users seeking the maximum energy boost.
- Green Thai may offer a wider range of potent effects than Green Maeng Da—including a moderate energy boost as well as moderate mental relaxation.
- Red-vein Thai kratom effects are all about physical and mental relaxation, perfect for unwinding at the end of the day. Red Maeng Da is an excellent choice for addressing daily discomforts.
Your own results may vary, so it may be beneficial to explore a range of kratom strains to see which ones give you the desired result.
Who Is Thai Kratom Good For?
Because Thai kratom’s effects are especially potent, Thai kratom is generally not recommended as a starter strain. However, if you have some experience with kratom already and you’re looking to elevate the effect, Thai kratom might be a suitable choice. It can be an especially beneficial strain if you’re looking to achieve the following:
- Energy (Green or White Thai)
- Productivity (Green Thai)
- Focus and concentration (Green Thai)
- Mood enhancement (Green or Red Thai)
- Relaxation (Red Thai)
Discover the effects for yourself.
Other Things to Know About Thai Kratom
When looking for Thai kratom for sale, the most important thing is to ensure that the product meets stringent quality standards. If you want to achieve the best Thai kratom effects without unwanted side effects, make sure that your product:
- Comes from a trusted manufacturer/vendor
- Is all-natural and organic (no synthetics or foreign ingredients)
- Is sourced from Southeast Asia (typically Indonesia or Thailand)
- Is subject to lab testing from a third-party, independent testing lab
- Is free of contaminants and bacteria (your lab test results should confirm this)
Kratora carries a full line of Thailand kratom in both capsule and powder form. Our signature line of Thai kratom is all-natural, lab-tested, and grown on our partner farm in Indonesia. We encourage you to explore the full line and decide for yourself if Thai kratom is the strain you’ve been looking for.
Want to learn more about kratom quality and value? Start here:
Why Buying Cheap Kratom Can Be Dangerous