Kratom extracts are a form of kratom that has increased in popularity over the last few years. These extracts are a concentrated form of kratom alkaloids often made from fresh, organic kratom powder or leaves. With more people learning about kratom worldwide, many have shown interest in this all-natural herb. The good news is that verified kratom vendors, like Kratora, offer many different types of kratom extracts, making it easy to find the type that best suits your needs without having to try making one yourself.
However, since most kratom extracts are pricier and even harder to find, some kratom users may want to try making their own kratom extract at home or extracting kratom from kratom leaves. While these options are possible, it’s important to know that DIY kratom extraction may not be the safest or most effective alternative.
In this post, we’re going to look at the process of making your own extracts so you can make a more informed decision.
How to Make Kratom Extract
If you’re wondering how to make kratom extract, the right ingredients are crucial. Keep in mind that some of these ingredients are not widely available, so you may need to order them from specialized suppliers. Most importantly, you’ll need a potent kratom powder or fresh leaves — the type of kratom variety you use when making kratom extract will depend on the extract you’re making.
Here are the main ingredients needed for kratom extraction:
- Fresh, organic kratom powder or leaves (check the potency of your kratom as mentioned above).
- Ethanol or ethyl alcohol – you can opt for 40% concentrated alcohol. Do not use rubbing alcohol as it’s harmful when consumed and contains chemicals that create toxic fumes, so you need high-quality, food-grade ethanol.
- Citric acid or natural lemon juice to improve the efficiency of the kratom extraction process. For alcohol-based extracts, this helps with stabilization and the slowing down of the evaporation rate.
- Simple-to-use digital scales to take accurate measurements of your kratom powder.
- A few measuring cups to help you measure your liquids.
- pH strips to help you determine the acidity level of your kratom extract.
- Quality tinted bottles with droppers for kratom extract storage. The tint protects the kratom extract from direct light and preserves the kratom alkaloids.
- Mason jars to help you store your kratom extract.
- Fine strainer or a cheesecloth to help with the kratom extract separation.
- Pre-made labels and stickers to help you organize the storage of your extracts.
When you consider all the ingredients you need for making kratom extract, it can be a difficult task. The best solution would be to buy an already-made high-quality product from a reputable vendor. Kratora follows all the necessary guidelines for making potent and effective kratom extracts.
Following the Correct Process to Preserve Alkaloids
When extracting kratom for long-term storage and use, you need to follow the correct process. Many people making their own kratom extraction use some sort of liquid, such as alcohol, to extract the alkaloids. The process of making highly potent kratom extract often involves different steps:
- Making the kratom extract
- Extracting the alkaloids
- Making a concentrated kratom tincture from the extract
The steps for kratom extraction vary but mainly involve:
- Dissolving kratom leaves in a mixture of ethanol and water.
- Placing the mixture in a sealable jar.
- Mixing at least 1 liter of alcohol/water with 8 ounces of Kratom and then adding citric acid or lemon juice (this acts as a preservative).
- Using pH strips to ensure the pH of the kratom mixture has dropped to 4.
- Sealing the container and shaking the mixture vigorously for a few minutes.
- Keeping the sealed container in a dark and cool place for roughly a week.
- Straining the alcohol or water-saturated kratom liquid through a fine strainer.
- Discarding the leaves and returning the extracted liquid back into the same glass container (allow half of the extract to evaporate).
- After this, pour the thick extract into a container, and it’s ready for use.
Unfortunately, when not done correctly, these methods often degrade or destroy many of the kratom’s valuable alkaloids making it less potent. It can also be difficult to get a consistent result when making kratom extract.
Choosing the Correct Strain for Your Kratom Extraction
You have to choose the correct strain for making your kratom extract. A wide range of kratom strains is available, such as Maeng Da, Thai Kratom, and Bali Red Vein, making the extraction process more complex. You also need to be aware that extracting kratom on your own doesn’t always produce a full spectrum of alkaloids in your final product. It’s important to understand how much each strain contains so you can choose wisely.
To avoid the hassle of making kratom extract on your own, it’s best to buy kratom from a trusted supplier. Kratora has been making extracts for years, and our products are always 100% pure with no additives or fillers, making them the ideal choice when you’re looking for quality.
Getting Your Kratom Ratio Right
The process of extraction also requires that you get the ratio (strength) of your kratom right. You should know what strength to use so you can get the best possible quality. For example, if you want more than mild effects, it’s good to make a stronger extract using up to 15g of dried leaf per ounce of liquid. You can also make a milder, more sedative, or stimulating tincture by slowly adjusting the ratio (strength) and increasing to as much as 20g per ounce of liquid at its strongest.
Again, it’s advised that you buy high-quality, ready-made extracts instead of making your own, where all the messy work is done for you!
Get Your Kratom Extracts at Kratora
It’s one thing to learn how to make kratom extract, but the actual process is costly and time-consuming. If you’re still thinking of making your own kratom extraction, you should be aware that it’s not recommended. The process of extracting kratom to create a final product from scratch that delivers potency, as well as euphoric and soothing effects, is well-known for being difficult and time-consuming. It’s much easier and cheaper to buy the highest quality extracts from a reputable vendor like Kratora. We’re always making new batches of kratom extract to ensure a wide variety and the best value to our customers.
All kratom for your favorite kratom products is purchased from reliable, stable growers. Order kratom extracts and enjoy fast and affordable shipping for orders over $50 and our 30-day money-back guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do kratom extracts last for?
While ratom powder needs to be protected from moisture and expires after several months, kratom extracts and tinctures do not. Since they are alcohol-based they are more hardy and can stay fresh for longer. When storing your extracts make sure to keep them out of direct sunlight.
How can I test the alkaloid concentration in a homemade kratom extraction?
Measuring alkaloid concentrations is a complex science, especially when we’re talking about minor alkaloids like 7-hydroxymitragynine. This is why we generally recommend purchasing kratom extracts from a reputable manufacturer rather than making them yourself. However, if you do make your own extracts and are concerned about high alkaloid concentrations, be sure to follow the steps in this article and pay careful attention to the pH balance.
Which strains work especially well for making kratom extract?
It depends on your personal preferences and desired effects. Stick with conventional strains that are alkaloid-rich but not artificially concentrated. Maeng Da kratom is a good example of a strain that meets these criteria, as is Indo kratom. But once again, your best bet is to buy from a reputable commercial provider that specializes in high-quality extracts.
What should I look for when buying kratom extract?
The most important thing is to ensure that the product contains only 100% natural Mitragyna Speciosa. Avoid synthetic extracts and anything that contains unnatural additives. While solvents are used to produce the extract, any residual solvent should burn off before the product is packaged and sold.
Want to learn more about kratom quality and value? Start here:
Why Buying Cheap Kratom Can Be Dangerous